Gone are the days when saunas meant small room and lots of steam; today, there are just as good (if not better!) ways to get the most of a sauna session sans the steam. One of them is infrared therapy, also known as Waon therapy, where infrared heaters emit infrared light for a range of benefits to the body. Infrared saunas are also deemed to be more beneficial thanks to their direct penetration through bodies to heat them, as opposed to traditional steam saunas that heat the air around the body, leading to sweating.
One of the many innovative infrared sauna products to hit the market is the Sauna Fix Near Infrared Sauna system, a lamp that is capable of generating and emitting red light, far and near-infrared light and even mid-infrared light. A product that many people swear by for its efficiency in detoxing and keeping people fit, here’s all you need to know about the Sauna Fix.
Sauna Fix: An Introduction
As mentioned earlier, the Sauna Fix system is a lamp that’s capable of emitting a variety of infrared waves. Not only is it extremely versatile and efficient, but it is also one of the safest, lightest and most cost-effective near-infrared sauna devices available. Additionally, you can use the Sauna Fix with a sauna tent, and you have a portable near-infrared sauna system that you can take with you anywhere in the world. To make it even better, this combination is patented, which means that competitors can’t use travel bags for the panel and use radiant material with fasteners and interlocking frames. This also means you get unique features such as internal partitions and an object with convertible space for sitting, standing, or even lying down!
Before we go on, let’s take a second to quickly review what near and far-infrared systems are.
Far Vs Near-Infrared Saunas
In a far-infrared sauna, light is emitted in the far-infrared range by the heating elements used. Though this is a form of light therapy, it’s nowhere close to being as effective as near-infrared light. Also, far-infrared saunas are notorious for emitting extremely high and harmful levels of EMF or electromagnetic fields.
Near-infrared lamps, on the other hand, efficiently combine both light and heat therapy. This means that these lamps can penetrate up to 9 inches of the body, and also emit extremely low EMF levels. They are also extremely energy, time and cost efficient, heating the body efficiently while keeping temperatures lower than far-infrared or traditional saunas. Needless to say, near-infrared lamps provide a range of better health benefits than both traditional or far-infrared saunas.
Why Use Sauna Fix
The Sauna Fix near-infrared (NIR) sauna lamp is an excellent solution if you want to enjoy the benefits of a sauna without having to invest heavily in buying or constructing one. With a Sauna Fix, any room in your house can turn into a sauna, such as your exercise room to burn more calories and enjoy better fat burn and weight loss, or your shower, for a relaxing experience that also gives you a range of health benefits. Additionally, near-infrared sauna lamps are more energy efficient and safe, especially compared to far-infrared lights.
The following are the numerous health benefits that come with using a Sauna Fix System:
- Faster Heating and Higher Body Temperature: Using a Sauna Fix in a small enclosure can help increase body temperature faster and more efficiently. Your core temperature increases along with the parts exposed to the light, and the body begins a process called ‘blood shunting’ that pushes blood towards the skin’s surface, leading to tissues becoming engorged with blood. To combat this heating, the water from your bloodstream escapes and appears as sweat on the surface of the skin. And sweat, as we know, is super beneficial! Thus, Sauna Fix is better than large sauna enclosures where the overall temperature is raised, as no particular body side is exposed to the light and side-specific blood shunting doesn’t take place.
- Safer and More Efficient: The Sauna Fix system is safer and more efficient than either traditional or far-infrared systems, as it leads to phototherapy or ‘photobiomodulation’ as opposed to mere stress therapy. The red lamps of the Sauna Fix produce just the right range of waves for the best biological benefits (550-3600 nm, instead of the 4000 nm that far-infrared systems produce).
- Better Circulation: Sauna Fix helps improve your circulation, as it heats the muscles with its infrared rays, simulating the blood flow increase that regular exercise or a passive cardiovascular workout can provide. This means as much as 13 quarts per minute, compared to the normal 5-7 quarts per minute. The mid-infrared range, especially, may stimulate better blood flow than other ranges.
- Faster Post-Workout Recovery: Research shows that near-infrared therapy can aid in quicker recovery of muscle fatigue after workouts, thanks to the increased circulation that also reduces pain and inflammation. All these together help the body recover from any vigorous activity.
- Better Skin: Using an infrared sauna has shown an overall reduction in wrinkles and an increase in smoothness, softness, clarity, firmness and elasticity of the skin, leading to a more youthful experience.
- Detoxification: One of the most important benefits that Sauna Fix can give you is the detoxification of your system, eliminating toxins and removing harmful metals and minerals from your body, such as cadmium, lead, mercury, arsenic, aluminum, nickel and iron, to name a few.
Features of Sauna Fix
Here are the product specifications for Sauna Fix:
- Dimensions: 13.5 inches deep x 17 inches wide and 23 inches tall (when the guards are screwed on)
- Low EMF
- Lightweight and portable
- No metal inserts in the sockets
- Simple and permanent assembly for the threaded uniform light guards
- Fixture metal is a mix of non-toxic polymers and metals that don’t burn the skin
- Contains all UL-listed recognized components
- It is both RoHS and CE certified
- Meets all federal requirements for assembled fixtures
- Comes with rope ratchet hangers, a portable lamp travel storage bag and a pair of IR Guardian near-infrared light glasses for eye protection
- Comes with 4 bulbs that emit rays between 550 and 3000 nm for red light, near-infrared, mid-infrared, far-infrared light rays and EZ water at 3000 nm (this helps hydrate the body)
Due to the body’s optimal response to the wavelengths that red heat lamp bulbs produce, it is recommended that only these kinds of bulbs be used with the Sauna Fix system. They are capable of emitting wavelengths in the 630 to 900 nm range, deemed to be the most ‘healing’ wavelength, stimulating the most optimum biological response.
Using Sauna Fix with Sauna Tents
Using a Sauna Fix with a sauna tent is one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to get the best of sauna treatments without the accompanying costs. These tents can also be easily assembled without the need for tools and contractors.
You also get a range of other benefits, such as the 95% heat retention, R-12 insulation, a non-toxic environment, and no need for preheating. These tents also carry Class A Fire Ratings, are lightweight, block EMFs, have modular designs and no outgassing. You can carry your sauna with you everywhere you go! Additionally, you’ll only be using 250 watts of power (around 4 cents an hour).
Using Sauna Fix
In order to get the best results while using Sauna Fix, follow these tips:
- Drink a glass of water (preferably spring water) before you start your session. Dry-brushing your skin also increases the efficiency and effectiveness of your sauna session.
- Remove your clothing, based on your comfort level.
- Don’t forget to put on the protective glasses. These are extremely important as they protect your eyes, and no other glasses, of any kind, can take their place.
- While using the bulb, stay at least 18-24 inches away. Rotate 90 degrees every few minutes for blood shunting benefits.
- Ensure you wipe the sweat off with a towel; leaving it on may lead to the body cooling down.
- After the sauna session, take a cold-water shower to get rid of any toxins that may linger. The cold shower also helps reduce any inflammation, improve sleep, and leave you in a better mood thanks to the increase in endorphins and balanced hormones. The cold shower also helps reduce the build up of brown adipose tissue, leading to more fat loss.
- Drink another glass or two of water.
- Before anything, rest by lying down or sitting down for 10 minutes after your session, so you don’t risk any dizziness or fainting due to excessive dehydration.
Sauna Fix is an extremely convenient option that’s the fraction of the cost of an actual sauna but without any compromise on the benefits of one. These are portable, can be used anywhere and can turn any room into a sauna, and if your budget allows, consider using it with a Sauna Tent for maximum benefits.
Even otherwise, the Sauna Fix Near-Infrared Lamp is a great product that can give you a range of health benefits; definitely consider investing in one!